Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quick and easy

I have a feeling that's how I'm going to like it for a while. As a tax professional I'll get really busy in the spring, until April 15... and really busy in the late summer/early fall, until October 15. And even though today was only my second day of work, I am already getting thrown right in.


Over the weekend I made another batch of the Classic White Uncheese from Vegan Vittles, and so this is a simple "melt" I made with the help of a Gardenburger patty. There was not much melting going on, as you can see... even though the recipe states that the cheese should get at least somewhat melty. Ah, well--I don't really know why it would, but it would have been a nice surprise, I guess.


Also from Vegan Vittles, Chuckwagon Stew. It's super hearty and filling, and it was easy with about 15 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes of cooking time. The flavors aren't earth-shattering but it's good, and worth making when you have little time... although it's more of a cold-weather meal, really. A fresh, crisp salad put the summer back into this dinner.


For another, lighter meal, I made a simple tofu salad with fresh dill. It was great on a piece of toast with spinach and tomato slices, and perfect to take to work.

Sorry this has been so abrupt, but I'll have more time to post this weekend I think. Everyone, have an excellent week. I'll be back around soon.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

the busy girl still eat delicious as i can see. yum!!!

i blog about one of your recipes, delicioso!!!

theONLYtania said...

Whoa, scared me. The uncheese looked like sliced turkey at first. How does it taste though?
I just bought some bread.. I don't know why. I never eat bread. Maybe I will make a tofu salad sandwich, hehe.

Anonymous said...

I hope the new job is going well and that you are enjoying it!

All of your meals look great. I tried the Classic White Uncheese recipe after you posted about it last time (it was great--thanks for blogging about it!) but I didn't try to melt it--darn! I am sad to hear that it doesn't melt well, but I guess that it is not a huge surprise...

Courtney

KleoPatra said...

Laura, go you! Lovin' the cheez even tho it doesn't melt *sigh* - i gear up for that too and hope and hope and hope all the time... uncheez is just one of those things we have to keep hopin' to surprise us.

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

the tofu salad and uncheese looks good!
good luck with yr job!

bazu said...

Hey, Laura, I was just stopping by to say I hope your first week of work is going well! It seems like you're busy, but you will become an old pro soon! Meanwhile, your food looks wonderful.

Kati said...

Hope your first week of work is going smoothly for you! Food looks excellent.

Sheree' said...

That uncheese looks like real cheese. OMGOODNESS! It looks really good. I love the tofu spread! Yummmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

My gosh ! How long has it been since I came to your blog ?
I love the new look. So pretty :))

tofu spread with fresh dill ! Love that <3

I hope you love your new job !

Dr. Melissa West said...

Wow! That looks great! I guess I am going to have to check out that cook book Vegan Vittles. Now that I have been off cheese for a couple of months the substitutes might be a little more appealing. Love the sandwich filling too. Good luck with work... hope you don't have to work too hard.

aTxVegn said...

That cheese looks so real! I know you're super busy but it's good to see you still have a little time in the kitchen. I'm always up for posts about quick and easy meals!

MeloMeals said...

oh, how i love the last pic especially... tofu salad and fresh dill... a true match made...

the uncheese looks great!!

Good luck with the new job..