Monday, June 09, 2008

Cupcake mischief

Do you have those friends who always manage to entice you to get into things--things you wouldn't have done on your own? Such as super-fancy, decadent cupcakes? Well, I have friends like that. In particular, I have two friends whose presence seems to be the key to the spontaneous generation of cupcakes. Let me show you what I mean...


S'mores Cupcakes, from VCTOTW, of course. Towers of vegan buttercream frosting drizzled with ganache and topped with graham crackers? Mmm...


Putting on the finishing touches...


Some of them we chose to top with strawberries instead, just to mix it up a bit.

And on yet another occasion:

Tiramisu Cupcakes! For someone who loves coffee and cupcakes (and that would be all three of us), who can imagine a more pleasing creation?


Abby takes her work very seriously--See how meticulously she dusts the cupcake liners?


And, well, what would we have done without Jessica's masterful bean arrangements?

Everybody needs friends like this, don't you think?



So for future reference... whenever you see cupcakes on this blog that have truly gone above and beyond, you now know who is probably behind the madness.

Cheers!

23 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

My oh my, look at those cupcakes - they're beautiful!! Almost too pretty to eat (ALMOST, haha). Glad you're having fun baking with friends :0)

Glue and Glitter said...

I'm on my way over.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! You ladies are super cute :]
You are so lucky to have friends like that!

Anonymous said...

You could start a biz in an area with good number of vegans/vegetarians. I can so see a little vegan cupcake only bakery in NYC or Chicago. At least you've got great friends to bake with in Atlanta!

I'll take the tiramisu. I'd pay $5 for one.

Hey, can you do a post on Vegan Secret Weapons? In other words, ingredients that you couldn't live without and that have made your everyday cooking possible and the food great? Just a thought. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look so delicious!!! YUM!! :)

Animal-Friendly said...

Yummy- I love the little strawberries on the s'mores cupcakes- very creative! All of them looks soooo good, though!

Anonymous said...

Friends who inspire cupcakes as gorgeous as that are worth keeping for sure :o)

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I have been drooling over the tiramisu cupcakes ever since I got that book but I have yet to make them because they look very time consuming. Were they worth it??

aTxVegn said...

While I was reading I kept thinking of an old commercial that said something like "as much fun to bake as it is to eat!" It's good to see you having fun and of course the cupcakes are lovely.

Kati said...

Oh YUM! Everybody needs a few good cupcake friends. ;-)

Candi said...

Oh, those all look so good! I love that last picture! Looks like a great time!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Awww! Making cupcakes with friends is the best! I made the tiramisu cupcakes this past weekend too and LOVED them. Oh, but I haven't made the smores one yet...

Anonymous said...

Cooking with friends is awesome :)
Wonderful looking cupcakes, Laura!

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

yum, yum, yum

urban vegan said...

The best friends are the ones who entice you to make the richest, most decadent vegan cupcakes!

Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

Those are awesome and so professional looking!

Kate said...

so pretty!

Veglife Atlanta said...

these look sooo good!

Carrie™ said...

Cupcakes all look so delicious.
I love the last photo!!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Wow, these cupcakes look so great - and so much fun to make!

bazu said...

this post is perfection! and not just because you guys baked my favorite cupcakes...

Pink Theory said...

Just stumbled onto your blog! wanted to say hi from another fellow atlantan vegan blogger! Those cupcakes look AMAZING!

Webly said...

wow! cupcakes are so much fun to make!
I love how easy the taramisu ones are to how fancy they look when complete.
beautiful!