Thursday, September 28, 2006

Banana bliss (and spaghetti)

I have to rave about the Banana Bliss Pancakes from Vive Le Vegan! (p. 19). I made them this morning, and they were really easy and so delicious! Look at this goodness:

Those banana slices smelled so good while the pancakes were cooking, and they added so much natural sweetness to the pancakes. Mmmmm... These would be really good with the Blueberry Maple Syrup; I wanted to try them plain-ish this time so I could get the full banana effect. If you like bananas, you HAVE to try these!

On a more mellow note, we made whole wheat spaghetti again the other night. We made a basic red sauce, and we added sautéed mushrooms and green peppers, and a bit of red wine. Topped it off with some tofu ricotta. Quite a simple meal (once we learned to keep canned tomatoes on hand at all times!), and one that has never failed us.

10 comments:

Beata said...

Hmmm - delicious looking pancakes! You're making me hungry :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, banana pancakes !!

I can't live without canned tomatoes :) Seems like I have nothing to make if I don't have them around LOL

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

oooh, laura -- i love those banana pancakes! Fall is also my favorite season & Congrats on the fellowship lunch success!!! :o)

Candi said...

I love bananas, so I must try this recipe! They look great in the photo!! I even like your idea of the blueberry sauce to go with it! MMM!

Tofu ricotta is SO good, huh?! I love it since I discovered it. I never cook with wine, since I never have any in the house, but I like the idea of adding it to red sauce! :P

Both dishes look excellent!!!

Harmonia said...

Eat To Live is going okay but I miss my pasta!!! I cheated last night. LOVE this pic!

bazu said...

Oooh yummy! You are right about keeping canned tomatoes on hand. We picked up diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes in bulk... and then forgot about them! I think I know what I'll have for dinner soon...

Kate said...

Woah, i just made tofu ricotta and you jsut commented on it, great vegans think a like I presume. The pancakes look so good and your plate is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Those pancakes look great. I'll have to try them for a weekend breakfast.

KleoPatra said...

Wow, NICE pancakes, Laura!! Oh wow, those really must have been something else. I would think the blueberry maple syrup atop would be sheer bliss...

I keep canned tomatoes (and a few other selected canned itema as well) for times just like you mention. I need to learn to make that tofu ricotta!!!

Anonymous said...

i dont know what i want more the pancakes or the pasta, yum!
look divine!